Click here for New York State Codes
Please click here for DEC Opening Burning Questions and Answers
Permits are needed for the following: Update 07/12/2016
TOWN OF CORNING FEE SCHEDULE
|Site Plan||$75.00 res/$150.00 non-res, plus costs incurred by Town 1|
|Variance||$75.00 res/$150.00 non-res, plus costs incurred by Town 1|
|New Construction House||$50.00.00 + $2/$1,000 value based on $125.00/sq foot minimum|
|Addition||$50.00.00 + $2/$1,000 value based on $100.00/sq foot minimum|
|Remodel||$50.00.00 + $2/$1,000 value based on $50.00/sq foot minimum|
|Accessory structure||$50.00 + $1/$1,000 value|
|Electric||See System Permit Below|
|Furnace||See System Permit Below|
|Plumbing||See System Permit Below|
|Manufactured Home||$150.00 on slab, $200.00 on foundation, plus well and septic|
|Pool||$50.00 includes sauna/hot tub|
|Shed||$25.00 with no dimension greater than 16’|
|Solid Fuel Burners||$50.00|
|System Permit||$50.00- includes any supporting system|
Costs that are incurred by the Town may include, but are not limited to: legal notice fees, professional site plan review fees, engineering fees, legal consultation fees, building plan review fees, other legal fees.
An additional $50.00 will be added to any permit fee for a job started before a permit is issued, and a violation notice may be issued.
Permits are not required for the following, as stated in Local Law #2 of 2010:
- Construction or installation of one story detached structures associated with one or two family dwelling or multiple single-family dwelling (townhouse), which are used for tool and storage shed, playhouses, or similar uses, provided the gross floor area does not exceed 144 sq ft.
- Installation of swings and other playground equipment associated with one or two family dwelling or multiple single family dwellings (townhouses).
- Installation of swimming pools associated with a one or two family dwelling or multiple single family dwellings (townhouses) where such pools are designed for a water depth of less than 24 inches, and are installed entirely above ground.
- Fences which are not part of an enclosure surrounding a swimming pool
- Construction of retaining walls unless such walls support a surcharge or impound Class I, II or IIIA liquids
- Construction of temporary motion picture, television and theater stage sets and scenery
- Installation of awnings supported by an exterior wall of a one or two family dwelling or multiple single family dwellings (townhouses)
- Installation of partitions or movable cases less than 5’9” in height
- Painting, wallpapering, tiling, carpeting, or other similar finish work
- Installation of listed portable electrical, plumbing, heating, ventilation, or cooling equipment or appliances
- Replacement of any equipment provided it does not alter the equipment’s listing, or render it inconsistent with the equipment’s original specifications.
- Repairs, provided that such repairs do not involve (i) the removal or cutting away of a load baring wall, partition, or portion thereof, or of any structural beam or load bearing component; (ii) the removal or change of any required means of egress, or the rearrangement of parts of a structure in a manner which effects egress; (iii) the enlargement, alteration, replacement, or relocation of any building system; or (iv) the removal from service of all or part of a fire protection system for any period of time.