Please note that this is a general list of resources within and near the Town of Corning. The Town of Corning in no way endorses these resources. These are posted to help offer a general list of resources for community members in need. If you would like your agency posted, please email the administrator on the “contact us” form for consideration.
- Alzheimer Support Group
- Bishop Sheen Housing Sheen Housing is a Rural Housing Preservation Company offering housing opportunities in 13 counties in New York State: Allegany, Cayuga, Chemung, Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Schuyler, Seneca, Steuben, Tioga, Tompkins, Wayne and Yates Counties. Corporate Office Address: 150 French Rd.Rochester, NY 14618 Home Repairs Address: PO Box 460 200 Bloomfield Industrial Park Bloomfield, NY 14469 Phone:(585) 461-4263 Home Repair Phone: (585) 657-4114 Email: Sheen2@rochester.rr.com Facebook
- Catholic Charities: Catholic Charities of Steuben is building communities that care for all people. Our services empower people to enrich their quality of life from the foundations of access to resources and opportunities, healthy family functioning, healthy child development, and freedom from substance dependency. Address: 23 Liberty Street Bath, NY 14810 Phone: 607-776-8085 Facebook
- Corning Community Food Pantry 11715 East Corning Road, Corning, NY Phone: (607) 962-6750 Facebook or Email
- Drug and Alcohol Rehab in New York
- Kate Dansforth Community Gardens
- Faith In Action: At a time when our need to reach out to each other is greatest, Faith in Action Steuben County, an interfaith volunteer caregiving program, stands ready to help in the Steuben County Area. Our trained volunteers provide supportive services to the elderly at no charge. Address: PO Box 117 Hornell, NY 14843 Phone: (607) 324-1138
- Food Bank of the Southern Tier 388 Upper Oakwood Ave Elmira, New York Phone: Call (607) 796-6061 Facebook or Email
- Habitat for Humanity Mission Statement: A world where everyone has a decent place to live.Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
Address: P.O. Box 800 Corning, NY 14830 Phone: 607.936.4444 ext. 402 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Facebook
- Corning Meals on Wheels: Phone: 607-962-7985 Email: email@example.com Facebook
- Planned Parenthood 135 Walnut Street Corning, NY 14830 Phone: 607-962-4686 Facebook
- Steuben County Real Property 3 E Pulteney Sq, Bath, NY 14810 Phone: (607) 664-2373
- Restore: Mission Statement: Generate cash flow to support Habitat’s home building program in our area. Keep valuable materials out of local area landfills. Provide the community with a source of low cost building materials
3412 State Route 414 Corning , New York 14830 Phone: 607-377-5524 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Facebook
- Salvation Army Mission Statement: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universalChristian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination. Address: 32 Denison Parkway East Corning, NY 14830 Phone: (607) 962-4681 Facebook
- Senior Guidance: an organization dedicated to providing helpful senior living resources for the elderly. Our website discusses all services available for seniors living in New York, outlines helpful state programs for seniors and allows to find assisted living facilities in every city, town, village and county in New York.
- Steuben County Office of the Aging The Steuben County Office for the Aging has been designated by the State of New York to plan and coordinate services to meet the needs of our county’s older residents. We do this by working to improve access to services and by striving to expand the range of services available for older persons and their caregivers. Address: One Park Lane Corning, New York 14830
Phone: 607-936-7425 or (607) 664-2298
- Corning Youth Center: In addition to individual and family counseling, we offer structured after-school and youth programs, along with specialized counseling for sexual abuse and domestic violence, and a mentoring program for youth.
79 Flint Ave. Corning, NY 14830 Phone Number: 607-936-4116 Email: email@example.com
- ProAct Prescription Drug Program: As a resident of Steuben County you are entitled to participate in this program. This program is free and helps lower prescription drug costs. Click on the link to get your free card.
- Recovery Village: Treatment organization for people struggling with substance abuse and co-occurring disorders.
- Steuben County Veterans Services office 7001 County Route 113 Bath, NY 14810
607-664-2528 – Rik Ford, Veteran Service Assistant
607-664-2198 – Virginia Carter, Veteran Service Assistant
607-664-2527 – Gary Smith, Director of Veteran Service